If you’re looking for anti-aging remedies, it can’t be said there aren’t tons of options available. But, the one that tends to stand out more than any other is Botox. With the right injector, you can erase years from your appearance. If this is your first time with this popular cosmetic injectable, you likely have questions. This quick guide will tell you all you need to know about same-day Botox in Southern Maryland!
For Same-Day Injections, Prepare Beforehand
There are important steps to take in order to prepare for this amazing cosmetic injectable.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to UV rays, both natural and artificial. Skip self-tanners too.
- Do not drink within 24 hours of injections. Alcohol affects blood vessels and thins your blood. Drinking before (and after) can result in bruising.
- Arrive at your injector’s office with clean skin. This means no makeup or skincare products in the treatment area(s).
- Eat a light meal, and drink plenty of water. You’ll be more relaxed and comfortable if you’ve eaten, and you’ll have a better outcome if your skin is hydrated.
You might need to adjust or stop certain medications and/or supplements, especially those that have blood-thinning properties, so you may not be eligible for same-day injections during your first visit. You may also need to wait a few days if you’ve recently had skin treatments like chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or other facials.
If this is your first time getting Botox, allow time to pamper yourself and take it easy afterward. Be mindful of when you schedule your injections too. It can take several days for side effects to subside so if you have a special event coming up, make sure you give yourself time to heal.
Schedule a Same-Day Botox Consultation
Before having any aesthetic treatment, you should always schedule a consultation. This serves multiple purposes.
- You need a medical evaluation before getting Botox to ensure this is the best treatment option for you. Your injector will ask questions regarding your medical history including about health conditions and medications/supplements you take.
- You need to have a conversation about your aesthetic goals and treatment expectations. Many people don’t realize there are actually two types of wrinkles – static and dynamic. Botox only works for dynamic wrinkles. If you have other aging concerns you wish to address, you might need a different treatment to achieve the outcome you desire.
- Your Botox consultation is your opportunity to ask questions. It is helpful to write them down before your appointment and take your list with you.
Are you interested in having before/after photos to document your progress? Your injector can take photos during your consultation. In 10 to 14 days when your final Botox results are visible, you can see the difference for yourself!
Choose a Top-Notch Botox Injector
This is your first important step to successful Botox results. The injector you choose really can make or break your results, so it is worth your time to do a little research.
You might not realize that it is illegal for anyone who is not a licensed medical professional to administer Botox in most states. This is a prescription neurotoxin that paralyzes targeted facial muscles so your skin will relax and release fine lines and wrinkles. Injections require extensive knowledge of facial anatomy.
Choose your injector wisely. Make sure they have a valid medical license. You should also be sure they are certified to inject Botox. You also want someone who has years of experience.
Know Your First Appointment Will Be Longer Than Normal
If this is your first time with same-day Botox in Southern Maryland, your appointment will be longer than if you’ve had injections before. That’s because you’ll have your consultation first. Botox injections themselves are quick, lasting only a few minutes.
Don’t Worry About Pain
The needle used for Botox injections is very small. While you may feel a pinching sensation and a sense of pressure, your injector will apply numbing cream to make sure you’re as comfortable as possible. Botox is a treatment that is considered quite tolerable by most patients.
Be Ready to Follow Aftercare Instructions for Sensational Botox Results
Botox is not a treatment that requires downtime for recovery. Many people choose to have their injections during lunch hour! However, that doesn’t mean you don’t need to be mindful of how you take care of yourself and your skin after getting Botox injections.
You’ll need to postpone your workout and post-Botox celebrations. Both strenuous exercise and drinking alcohol should be off-limits for a day or two. These activities can interfere with healing and make side effects worse.
Keep hands off your face too! It’ll be tempting to touch your skin to feel how smooth it is, but refrain. Touching the treatment area(s) can cause bacteria to enter the injection sites, which may lead to infection. Also, putting pressure on the areas of injections can cause Botox to migrate.
Schedule Your Same-Day Botox in Southern Maryland Today, and Be on Your Way to Facial Rejuvenation!
Bothered by lines around your mouth? Not a fan of crow’s feet? Maybe you are bothered by pesky forehead lines? No matter your need, our team at Mid-Atlantic Skin Surgery Institute can help.
We’d love the opportunity to share with you’ll benefit from Botox. If you’re hoping for beautiful, natural results, contact us at 301-396-3401 to book your appointment today. We look forward to meeting you!