SRT – Superficial Radiation Therapy in Waldorf, Maryland
Superficial radiation therapy (SRT) systems are designed specifically to provide an alternative to surgical procedures for basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers. It has a cure rate of 95% to 98%.
SRT is a low energy radiotherapy that goes no deeper than the thickness of the skin. It is a proven non-invasive procedure that has been used to treat non-melanoma skin cancer for over 50 years and is highly recognized and reimbursable.
Because the superficial x-rays concentrate radiation dose on the skin surface, the treatment has several advantages over surgical procedures. These advantages include:
Why Choose SRT Cancer Treatment?
SRT cancer treatment delivers real results when treating non-melanoma skin cancers that are found on the surface of the skin.
It can be used for lesions on the arms, legs, back and trunk, but it is especially well suited for skin cancers of the head and neck regions-the fold in the nose, eyelids, lips, corner of the mouth, and the lining of the ear that would otherwise lead to a less than desirable cosmetic outcome.
SRT is also a great treatment option for patients who are considered high risk for surgical procedures.
What to Expect
- SRT procedure is non-surgical and does not require the use of anesthetics.
- You will be required to attend multiple sessions, depending on your doctor’s recommendations.
- Tell your doctor about any medications and continue them unless your physician tells you otherwise.
- The X-ray will be directed toward the lesion by placing an applicator cone over the treated area.
- Once the treatment begins, it will take approximately 90 seconds to deliver the therapy.
- The treatment is painless, but you will notice skin redness by the end of the first week’s treatment.
- Post treatment, the skin will form a protective scab. The new, healthy skin will develop underneath it.
Source: Sensus Healthcare
*If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we ask that you kindly notify us at least 48 hours notice prior to your scheduled appointment time. In addition, Mid-Atlantic Skin does require a deposit when scheduling certain cosmetic procedures.