Body fat. The struggle is real, right? If you feel the same way millions of men and women have felt, the answer is yes. But, what is the solution? Body contouring treatments including liposuction in Lexington Park, Maryland are the answer you’re looking for because they safely and effectively eliminate body fat. However, healing can take a bit of time, so if you’re planning liposuction then you should know what to expect afterward. Here’s what you can expect after Smartlipo, a less invasive procedure that is just as effective as traditional liposuction without as much downtime or pain.
Recovery Varies for Every Individual
Everyone is different, so if you’re reading stories online or hearing from friends, just be aware that your recovery might be vastly different. Don’t go into your recovery with preconceived notions. Instead, just go into it prepared to let your body heal in its own time.
Liposuction Recovery Happens in Stages
If you’ve chosen surgical liposuction, be aware that your recovery does happen in small stages that will look like this:
- First three days: You’ll be given a compression garment and it’s important you wear it diligently. This is meant to help with swelling and reshape your body.
To prevent the build-up of fluid, you might also have small drains at the incision sites. You should expect some soreness and pain. Your surgeon will give you pain medications to take as needed.
During your first few days at home, you will need to limit your activity. To make this time easier, arrange for help before your surgery.
- Weeks one through two: After resting at home for several days, you’ll notice your pain and discomfort have eased considerably. You might even be able to return to work if your job isn’t too physically demanding.
Expect to continue wearing your compression garment during this time.
- Weeks three through five: Once you hit your one-month mark, you should no longer be experiencing much pain, but you may still have swelling. You’ll start to see your liposuction results, which will continue to improvise over the next few weeks.
After four weeks, it’ll be easier for you to resume your normal daily routine and light exercise, but you should still avoid any strenuous activity.
- Week six and beyond: By this time, most of the swelling and discomfort should be gone and you’ll see the final outcome of your liposuction in Lexington Park, Maryland.
You should also be able to remove your compression garment and no longer have activity restrictions, but be sure to speak to your provider before making these changes.
Smartlipo Recovery Is a Bit Different
Many men and women are opting for a less invasive procedure called SmartLipo. The process involves a small incision being made at the treatment site then energy is delivered to kill fat cells and fat.
The process is called laser lipolysis or laser-assisted lipolysis, and you’ll achieve the same outcome you would with surgery.
How Does Recovery From SmartLipo Differ From Traditional Surgery?
Your recovery from SmartLipo depends on the area that has been treated, but it takes anywhere from a couple of days to a week. You will not need drains at the incision site, there will be less bruising and swelling, and most patients can return to work after only a few days.
If I Choose SmartLipo, What Kind of Results Should I Expect?
As for results, it does take around the same amount of time as surgical liposuction to see the final outcome. You’ll notice a change in your body within a week. Results continue to improve over the following weeks, and you should expect to see your final results show in three to six months.
Here’s What You Should Know About Smartlipo and Liposuction Aftercare
No matter the fat reduction route you take, there are liposuction aftercare instructions you need to carefully follow. These are aftercare tips that shouldn’t be neglected:
- Follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions given to you by your provider. These are put into place so you can have an easy recovery, properly heal, and achieve the best possible results.
- Take it easy. Whether you choose traditional lipo or SmartLipo, you need to plan on resting after your procedure.
- Stay healthy. After your treatment, it is imperative you eat a nutritious diet and exercise. You’ve had a procedure to get rid of fat. You certainly don’t want to risk gaining it back!
- Consider a lymphatic massage. A week after your procedure, try a lymphatic massage to promote the movement of fluid.
- Keep all of your follow-up appointments. Your provider will need to check your progress and make sure you are healing correctly, so don’t skip these appointments.
- Having trouble? Contact your surgeon. This means if you are showing signs of infection, the pain you have not felt before, or anything unusual, don’t hesitate to call your surgeon as soon as possible.
Ready to Discover Exciting Details About Liposuction in Lexington Park, Maryland? Don’t Wait to Make This Call!
Our team at Mid-Atlantic Skin Surgery Institute uses only the latest technology and most advanced treatments to make sure you’ll have the best Smartlipo results. We take great pride in our expertise you simply will not find with another provider.
Why not take the first step in your fat loss journey and contact us at 240-237-8268 to schedule your liposuction appointment? You’ve got nothing to lose by unwanted fat and a beautifully sculpted body to gain!
Our goal is to make sure you receive top-notch personalized and professional care, as well as all the necessary resources you need for success. We’d love the opportunity to meet you!